Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I Survived

Well I survived the ice storm that hit nh on the night of December 11th. Was without power heat or water till yesterday. 96,000 in the state still remain without it. My sister being one of them and she may not have hers back till after Christmas according to the power company. There were near 500,000 without power Friday morning. My kids spent the first two nights here but when temperatures plumeted on Saturday they went to my mothers house. I stayed here and toughed it out with the dogs and looking at my face now may not have been the best idea as its looking like i might have had the start of frost bite on my cheeks. But I made the best I could of it. cooking on the bbq girl, running a fire outside in the fire pit. Sunday i ended up staying at my dads with the kids to get the puppy out of the cold as well. What a miserable weekend. And I am severly feeling the toll it took on me today. Also crying like a big baby constantly. SO thats all for now. Below is some youtube footage I found of the devastation. Whoever says natural disaster dont happen in the northeast is dead wrong.
The one below is of my town but it shows none of the destruction from my end of town we still have roads shut down.



This is a link to the local news site

http://www.wmur.com/video/18285218/index.html








(this was supposed to post the other day but for some reason didnt )

5 comments:

*Monica said...

Oh wow, I am so so sorry that you had to go through that. I hate being cold! It is a shame that it took them so long to return power!

Lost and Found Girl said...

As of this morning my sister still had no power. Its not their fault its taking so long. With some roads still impassable and plus its not like we have a huge power crew. We had to cll in from outside the state as there about 60% of the state without power. Over 400 thousand.

*Monica said...

Man I am so sorry. Is it any better today?

*Monica said...

Still checking on ya?

Lost and Found Girl said...

Sorry I didnt get back to you hun between the holidays and then getting sick I just forgot about my blog. I still have to get rid of the xmas stuff on it lol